Taking between 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete, this online CPD UK accredited mental health awareness module is recommended for anyone working in the education sector who has any contact, even limited, with children, young people and their families.
It is recommended for those working in a supportive role within the areas of administration, facilities management, lunchtime supervision or those working in a voluntary capacity.
We recommend this module is completed every two years.
- To increase understanding of prevention, detection and early intervention of mental health problems in children and young people
- To reduce stigma associated with mental health problems faced by children and young people
- To raise awareness of anxiety, depression, self-harm and suicide and the risk factors associated with these disorders
- To increase understanding of eating disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum condition (ASC), conduct disorder and oppositional defiant disorder and challenging behaviours in school
- To educate about the features of these disorders, the early warning signs, emergency management and accessing help for children and young people
By completing this module you are agreeing to our terms and conditions