The World Health Organisation (WHO) has described the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak as a pandemic. As this public health emergency unfolds, it’s not unreasonable to suggest that in these unprecedented times, we may see a decline in the mental health of the population and a potential increase in mental health problems. If our mental health is compromised, our ability to do this and cope is likely to be limited. We have to act to prevent this and / or limit the potentially devastating impact this could have across our communities.
As we aim to raise awareness and educate ourselves in relation to the action we must take to protect ourselves and others physically, we must not lose sight of what we can also do to protect ourselves and others mentally.
This online CPD UK accredited mental health awareness e-learning module has been designed to inform and empower people in all sectors of employment across the UK (or ROI depending on version) to look after and protect their mental health and wellbeing. It is recommended for all employees and those working in a voluntary capacity.*
This module was designed prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, and whilst it is not specific to the current circumstances, the advice within it still stands. Now, it is more important than ever that we act to promote good mental health, prevent mental ill health, detect signs of problems early and support those experiencing difficulties to recover.
Please share this with all those currently in work, or working remotely from home, as it is essential that we look after our incredible workforce at this time. If you are not in work but are interested in looking after your mental health and wellbeing, please feel free to complete this module also. Whilst some of the content is workplace specific, there’s also a great deal of really helpful general advice too.
The module takes about an one to complete. It consists of a series of short videos and a small number of questions. These are not to test, they are just there to reinforce key points. If you get a question wrong, you can continue to progress through the course
* If you hold a position with managerial responsibility, you should complete this module to help you navigate the current circumstances we face. However, at a later date, we would recommend that you complete our face to face workplace mental health masterclass in order to develop your awareness and skills further in relation to workplace mental health and wellbeing.
This online CPD UK accredited mental health awareness module is recommended for all employees and those working in a voluntary capacity.
If you hold a position with managerial responsibility, you can complete this module. However, we would recommend either our face to face Intermediate or Advanced Masterclasses as more appropriate alternatives.
The module starts with a set of pre-course questions followed by a series of short videos each associated with a set of questions to reinforce key points. It should take about 1 hour to complete.
We recommend this module is completed every two years.
- To increase understanding of prevention, promotion, detection, early intervention and supporting recovery of mental health problems.
- To reduce stigma associated with mental health problems.
- To support the development of mental health strategies within the workplace.
- To increase awareness of positive and negative coping mechanisms including substance misuse.
- To raise awareness of work related stress, anxiety, depression, self-harm, suicide and the risk and protective factors associated with these.
- To provide information and increase awareness on how to access appropriate support and intervention, including emergency management.